SVFCU is Where You Belong
How is a credit union different from a bank? A bank's earnings are returned to a very small group of stockholders. Credit unions are member owned. This means that the earnings of a credit union, after expenses and reserves, are returned to all members in the form of higher savings rates and lower loan rates. Also, you generally pay less for other services and pay fewer fees. You're more than a number at SVFCU. You're a person with individual needs and we will work with you to find the best financial solutions for your specific situation.
Who Can Join SVFCU?
Susquehanna Valley FCU now has a "community charter," which means that anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in our community can become a member. Our community is defined as Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
In addition, employees of designated businesses or members of associational groups, such as churches, are eligible to join SVFCU. We will continue to serve these Select Employee Groups and any other businesses in Cumberland, Dauphin or Perry Counties that are interested in providing the benefits of a credit union membership to their employees. Click here for a list of current businesses and groups included in our field of membership.
And finally, immediate family members of current members can join. This includes a spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparent, stepchild, stepsibling and adoptive relationships. People living in the same household as a current member, (defined as living in the same residence, maintaining a single economic unit) are also eligible to join. The definition of household does not include college roommates.
Gold Star Members
Become a Gold Star Member and receive an additional ½% APR* discount on select loans when you actively use three or more of the services listed below for at least 60 days. See a loan officer for more details.
- VISA Credit Card
- Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction
- Virtual Branch Online Banking with Bill Payer
- ATM or VISA Check Card
- Checking or Money Market Account
- IRA with $2,000 minimum balance. (Or Savings with a $500 minimum balance for those age 25 and under.)
Payments by direct deposit, payroll deduction, or direct transfers are encouraged.
*APR = annual percentage rate. May not be available in combination with other loan specials or discounts.
Become a Select Employee Group
If you’d like to request more information about the benefits of becoming a Select Employee Group of SVFCU please send us an email by clicking here.
Select Employee Groups
The following businesses and groups are included in our field of membership:
- Batteries Plus
- Bible Baptist School
- Brenner Family of Dealerships (Brenner Nissan, Brenner Chrysler Jeep, Brenner Cadillac Oldsmobile, Brenner Motors, Leidy Chevrolet Oldsmobile, Leidy Ford)
- Cameo Services, Inc.
- Camp Hill Borough
- Camp Hill Fire Co. No. 1, active members & employees
- Camp Hill Mall Barber Shop
- Camp Hill School District
- Capital Area Educ. Assoc-Retired
- Capital Area Intermediate Unit
- Carlisle Suburban Authority
- Century 21, Walak Associates
- Children’s Family Center
- Christ Community Church
- Christian Life Assembly
- Citizens Fire & Rescue Co., No.2, Mechanicsburg
- Community Trust Company
- Cornerstone Land Transfer
- Cumberland Perry Vo Tech
- Cumberland Valley School District
- East Pennsboro School District
- Footlocker (employees in Camp Hill)
- George’s Cleaners
- Greenwood School District
- Haas Printing Co., Inc.
- Hampden Township
- Hampden Township Vol. Fire Co.
- Happy Tails, Inc.
- Harrisburg Academy
- Harrisburg Hyundai
- Harrisburg Machine & Welding
- J&G Construction
- J.C. Bar Properties, Inc.
- Kimex International
- Lemoyne Borough
- Lower Allen Fire Company, Active members only!
- Lower Allen Township
- Marysville Police Department
- Mechanicsburg Borough
- Messiah College
- New Cumberland Borough
- New Cumberland Fire Company
- Northgate Antiques Dealers & Employees
- Oakwood Baptist School
- PJAX Freight System
- Pennsylvania Beef Council
- Penrac, Inc. (Enterprise Car Sales)
- Pyramid Construction Services, Inc.
- Reisman Lawn Service INC.
- St. Peter Lutheran Church
- St. Timothy’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Shiremanstown Borough
- Silver Springs Township
- Susquehanna Valley FCU
- Susquenita School District
- Sylvan Learning Center, Camp Hill
- United Cerebral Palsy of the Capital Area
- United Methodist Home for Children & Family Services
- Upper Allen Township
- West Shore School District
- West Shore Tax Bureau
- Wormleysburg Borough
Interested in learning more about being a Select Employee Group with SVFCU? Send us an email!